11. Setup will first install SQL. It will last for about 20 minutes
12. After SQL is finished installing, DPM setup will proceed into installing Data Protection Manager 2010. It will last for approximately 10 minutes or less.
14. On desktop you will see two icons; one for DPM administrators console and other for DPM Management Shell. Double click on DPM administrators console shortcut and DPM will open as shown on following picture.
15. Now first thing you should do is to add disk to DPM storage pool. You can do that in management tab of DPM console.
But before that let’s see how to add disk to OS if you are using DPM in Hyper-V virtual machine.
17. Now click on that hard drive as shown in following picture. Create new virtual hard disk (.vhd) file by clicking New button. After clicking New, choose type of disk. In my case I have chosen fixed.